Thanks Neil , I always forget is money for minor places

Neil
Mobile phone: 07958 570752
summary email: yes

Re: Eastern Cyclocross League 2015/16

Post by Neil » Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:17 pm

image.jpg
:wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Chris Clague
summary email: no

Post by Chris Clague » Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:31 pm

Was that run opposite direction to last year?

Neil

Post by Neil » Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:35 pm

Yes - the same lap, more or less, but in reverse.

PatHayes

Post by PatHayes » Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:05 pm

Lol that is moment I knocked my chain off by catching your back wheel

Damian Robertson
Mobile phone: 07788123969

Post by Damian Robertson » Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:59 am

After deliberating up until the very last about whether to go to or not, I err, went. Had been glad to see Saturday's CL race cancelled, as I was far from up to that after NYE's shenanigans, phew. Snetterton neared and I wondered how many times I'd wretch while racing or going through the motions of racing sort of. I fancied the idea of a relaxed top twenty - a ride in the park? Wondered if I should ask to be ungridded. Recced the course - good! Got off to a good start taking second wheel into the first corner but then ahh, my chain started skipping - tried every cog but it persisted as I dropped back through the race. By the time I'd reached the shelter of the horse house I strolled into the pits and grabbed my spare back wheel (good job I'd left it there!). Had a bit of trouble getting through back the throngs of pit monkeys to the right side of the course - they apparently hadn't been aware that I was in the race - due to my casual walk in? After stopping again to thread my rear brake started knocking off riders from the far back. Half way through I had Kevin C and Graham in my sights; motivation. Gradually rode up to them and passed them, later finishing in what turned out to be 16th and the good feeling of having cracked myself back into action making history of my festive overindulgence! Crombie took his first EL win from the very rarely surpassed Aldous in the mud, good for him! Ah, and then we spent half an hour trying to get Kevin C's camper out of the muddy field in cold rain - what fun! To think I could have stayed indoors all day doing very little! :D (NB; my chain had skipped at my last race - should've dealt with that situation after that; shame on me for lack of prep, disgraceful!).

BruceMackie
Mobile phone: 07831230090

Post by BruceMackie » Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:16 pm

Sorry missed the amusements with Kev's van, fortunately arrive so late I was able to park on hard standing so no similar amusements for me. By the time the seniors were off rain was more on than off. Cold, wet but not miserable, at least not until I hosed the mud off myself and bike after finishing. Course reversal worked well meaning the only bit of running was the first drop into the bomb hole. Managed to stay upright to claim a lowly 22nd from the back row of the grid, my head wasn't really there to do it justice after so little riding and too much indulging so had an enjoyable time slithering round. Great ride from Grant & Steve who nearly managed to lap the whole field in the senior race.

PatHayes

Post by PatHayes » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:05 pm

Weather and course opposite ends of spectrum from last weeks freezing cold Trophy race at MK .

Always think of Trinity Park as spiritual home of the Eastern League and today's course included wwhat a certain Ambassador might describe as grass motorway plus two long Tarmac stretches and the obligatory mounds though today they were almost entirely rideable .

Last night a combination of a swollen knee which has been sore since Shrewsbury and family issues which necessitated late night round trip to Folkestone had me thinking about not riding and just taking C .

Decided to ride however and glad I did .

Apparently I had to win and Clive H had to finish lower than 8th for me to get 3rd in league which was never likely but got the hole shot and managed to stay with Dave C till he powered away after the steps . Clive passed me a bit later on and though I held him and we rode away from everyone else I couldn't go past and sending I was fading with lap and a bit to go tried a bike change on to the the stiffer X Fire to see if could make up ground on the Tarmac but to no avail and was comfortably beaten .

Suspect Clive probably benefited from not doing Shrewsbury and MK as though I was really pleased with my performance in the former it took a lot of me , though deserved 3rd in league as has beaten me more times than the other way round.

I was pleased with 3rd today though despite the softish field .Also meant I have occupied every place from 1st to 8th this season .

Not entirely sad that won't have all the messing with dirty bikes and kit every Sunday night for a while but it's been a great season .

PatHayes

Post by PatHayes » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:31 pm

Haven't got any Belgium beer in house but do appropriately have some bottles of various Greene King brews to celebrate end of Cross season

Chris Clague

Post by Chris Clague » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:44 pm

Well my season's been largely a bag of poo but I really enjoyed today even though I had the odd experience of someone hauling what must have been 100m over me on the road then tip-toeing round on the grass so I passed him again. Somebody must have let the roadies out early this year.

Race was rather physical at the start I thought as I felt the distinct sensation of a brake lever being parked in my buttocks as I slowed for the first corner. Had a great first lap or so dicing with Graham Freer of the Hackney crew which was pretty robust (but fair) on occasion but I gave as good as I got, but after about a lap and a half he got away, then I had a lie down for a bit and lost contact. Still need to work on tyre pressures (no excuses) as front was too hard and was a bit more slidy than I'd like. Good fun course though I'd swear the hurdles got taller as the race went on. Should probably make an attempt to get fit though before embarking on this caper again next year. Hoping to do Welwyn on 6th Feb and then it's all over

PatHayes

Post by PatHayes » Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:45 pm

Well done Chris . Hurdles really seemed to catch people out in your race , Russ went over the bars and through the tape and in few laps I watched at least 4 other guys went over

Neil

Post by Neil » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:59 am

Well done Pat. We really need to talk about this before next season :wink:
image.jpg
Western (!) League for me next weekend (a final outing for the bikes) then wrapping up the season at Welwyn with my Comms hat on.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PatHayes

Post by PatHayes » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:44 pm

Lol . I never bother shouldering for short run ups bikes are so light these days

Chris Clague

Post by Chris Clague » Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:11 am

Pat & Damian redefine the accepted rules re bike carrying