CycloCross: should I give it a try ?

A place to discuss all things CX
Steffen_Verbist
summary email: yes

CycloCross: should I give it a try ?

Post by Steffen_Verbist » Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:47 pm

Hi,

it seems like cyclocross is good fun and a nice way to keep motivated through the winter so I am thinking about giving it a try. The problem is that i don't have a bike (I guess my tt bike is of no use and my road bike would not be much help either). Is there anyone who has a bike (ideally cross but mtb also fine) that I could use for one race just to try it out ? I was thinking about going to a race on either the weekend of 31/10 or 7/11, I don't have a clue about which races are more appropriate for a novice like me so any suggestions are more than welcome.

Steffen

Chris Clague
summary email: no

Re: CycloCross: should I give it a try ?

Post by Chris Clague » Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:51 pm

Unfortunately I can't offer you a bike, but I can offer all the encouragement you need - it's stupidly addictive. I hardly ever ride my road bike any more and I flogged my MTB to pay for parts.

1st November there is an eastern league race at Grafham Water which everybody raves about as a course - though it will be my first time racing there myself. If you can source a bike that would be a great place to start. There's even a little bit of beach.

Stuart

Post by Stuart » Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:14 am

It's only the most fun you can have on a bike. Without question.

But it can also be the least fun :wink:

Steffen_Verbist

Post by Steffen_Verbist » Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:35 pm

Thanks for the tips. Provided I can source a bike somewhere, I will try out Grafham Water.