London League - Volunteers needed September 16/17

A place to discuss all things CX
Steve Hanks
Mobile phone: 07421002430
summary email: yes

Re: London League - Volunteers needed September 16/17

Post by Steve Hanks » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:39 pm

Hey all.

I've had some comments from the "inside" about how good the day and organisation was. A big thank you from the riders and we'll done to all & Max for organising.

Just so you know your efforts are appreciated.

MaxReuter
CX Secretary
summary email: no

Post by MaxReuter » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:31 pm

Steve Hanks wrote:Hey all.

I've had some comments from the "inside" about how good the day and organisation was. A big thank you from the riders and we'll done to all & Max for organising.

Just so you know your efforts are appreciated.
Cheers, Steve!

And thanks to everyone who came and helped! It all went well and without any significant hick-ups, Caroline and I are pretty relieved.

StevenDrew
Mobile phone: 07809296084

Post by StevenDrew » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:38 pm

It was an excellent day. Well done Max and Caroline, great job. And well done everyone else who gave up their Sunday to help. Thank you!

LeonardDelicaet

Post by LeonardDelicaet » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:12 pm

I'm sorry I couldn't join but I hosted some of the riders afterwards and they were very complimentary about the entire event.

They were especially effusive about the course. I told them that you designed it Max/Caroline, whether that was factual or not, doesn't matter in the end (#posttruth) but it reflected well on LP.

I spoke with the big Kiwi guy from BC on Saturday and he said he dug up several of his clubmates to help out so I hope they did.

You guys deserve a holiday now.
How slow comes the hour, its passing speed how great

LeonardDelicaet

Post by LeonardDelicaet » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:14 pm

Tam, you should write/produce/direct/maybe even star in a short film called "Sex, Lies and Course-tape"
How slow comes the hour, its passing speed how great

MaxReuter
CX Secretary

Post by MaxReuter » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:24 pm

LeonardDelicaet wrote:I'm sorry I couldn't join but I hosted some of the riders afterwards and they were very complimentary about the entire event.

They were especially effusive about the course. I told them that you designed it Max/Caroline, whether that was factual or not, doesn't matter in the end (#posttruth) but it reflected well on LP.
You're old-school without knowing and didn't lie, Len! There aren't that many possibilities at Herne Hill, but we tried to put in a few little challenges here and there, and a bit of tarmac for the pro veneer. Plus bloody ages of gardening to chop back the brambles and make it as wide as possible...

Who did you talk to?
LeonardDelicaet wrote:I spoke with the big Kiwi guy from BC on Saturday and he said he dug up several of his clubmates to help out so I hope they did.

You guys deserve a holiday now.
No chance of another holiday, unfortunately (but I certainly feel like one)! Te Brixtons were great. Loads of them around on Saturday to set up, and a good number yesterday.

TamalaMcgee

Post by TamalaMcgee » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:08 pm

Hahah Len!

To Max and Caroline and anyone else who was primarily responsible a massive well done. It was a magnificent event. Great fun to help and spectate at.
We had a volunteer instruction pack, packed lunch and all day snack bar and a tea urn. A proper day out! Amazing organisation.
Everyone loved the course from the kids upwards. I stressed a bit about the 2 bits of tape I had to move (thank goodness for last minute changes that reduced my other tape duties). Thank you Max for your patience in explaining, I can't believe you didn't come to check that I'd done it right! But I didn't mess it up and the spiral was mesmerising to watch. I'm actually more tempted now to have a go at this CX malarkey.

Neal Mac - I have your cake tins, nice flapjack!

StevenDrew

Post by StevenDrew » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:25 pm

TamalaMcgee wrote:
I'm actually more tempted now to have a go at this CX malarkey.
Do it!

AlexTaylor
Mobile phone: 07811 284 551

Post by AlexTaylor » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:57 pm

To Echo Tam's words - well done Max and Caroline. It was an excellent event and very well organised!
I think I will have nightmares of an approaching peloton and Bruce calling numbers at an ever increasing rate....

BruceMackie
Mobile phone: 07831230090

Post by BruceMackie » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:32 pm

Alex, great judging from you, be careful or you'll get a reputation and end up being dragged out every time someone wants race numbers scribing!

Caroline & Max, you're going to be in trouble too, keep up that kind of level of preparation and organisation and you'll never escape!

It was a great event, well done to everyone who put work into it to make it happen.

Chris Clague

Post by Chris Clague » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:50 pm

For those that didn't spot my message on FB there were 427 entries. That's bonkers.

I asked Bill only last week what the league record was and he told me it was 409 and that was at the previous race. I also fielded queries from another couple of people who'd just wandered in and wanted to know how to get involved.

On top of this the Eastern League races are selling out in hours and we're even seeing full youth races - the sport is growing like mad.

Well done to all.

StevenDrew

Post by StevenDrew » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:00 pm

Chris Clague wrote:For those that didn't spot my message on FB there were 427 entries. That's bonkers.

I asked Bill only last week what the league record was and he told me it was 409 and that was at the previous race. I also fielded queries from another couple of people who'd just wandered in and wanted to know how to get involved.

On top of this the Eastern League races are selling out in hours and we're even seeing full youth races - the sport is growing like mad.

Well done to all.
8)

StevenDrew

Post by StevenDrew » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:01 pm

AlexTaylor wrote:To Echo Tam's words - well done Max and Caroline. It was an excellent event and very well organised!
I think I will have nightmares of an approaching peloton and Bruce calling numbers at an ever increasing rate....
Bruce was once described to me as a 'World Cup level caller". You were in very high class company ;-)

NealMackintosh
Mobile phone: 07850676317

Post by NealMackintosh » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:20 pm

TamalaMcgee wrote:
Neal Mac - I have your cake tins, nice flapjack!
Cheers Tam, am away for a few days but will PM you prob some time next week.
N