Thetford Winter Series 3

MTB races, enduros and other organised events
Simon
summary email: yes

Thetford Winter Series 3

Post by Simon » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:41 pm

Came 8th in 4hr. It was like a 4hr XC race.... Strava says " 390 Epic Suffer Score Sufferfest" and it's right :D

Steve Hanks
Mobile phone: 07421002430

Re: Thetford Winter Series 3

Post by Steve Hanks » Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:12 am

Good going Simon, you were going well when I left. Unfortunately I'd tweaked a glute the previous day and although it felt fine it went twang coming up out of the bomb hole at the beginning of the 3rd lap. I finished the lap but couldn't put any power into the left crank and as its early in my season and not a target event I decided to DNF before I made it worse.

Good course though and enjoyable riding, fast pace at the start, blimey everyone was off like it was a single lap race!

Simon

Post by Simon » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:32 am

That's bad luck Stan. At least you made it and got a few laps in. Yeah it was pretty full on for the first 2.5 hrs I think because the lap was so short so we were mixed in with the 2 hr race and you end up racing them too. Once that race finished there were some gaps so you settled more into your own pace. I was 5th up til around 3 hrs but couldn't eat and felt a bit washed out. Felt sick after every gel and kept getting a stitch when I ate? Then I'd feel really hungry then a bit sick. My little girl has been throwing up all weekend though so I reckon I got off lucky. I know the exact point I dropped a couple of places and it was the instant I backed off a fraction to stop feeling sick. Those places like 4th to 8th are always just a few minutes apart. But considering how I felt on Friday I'm just glad to get the series points. I've never managed a full series! Basically I reckon you have to race ill at some point to get a series place.

Anyway hope you're ok for the next one.

Steve Hanks

Post by Steve Hanks » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:43 pm

Yuck, that sounds like a mental strength test from hell.

Ah well, hopefully better for the both of us in the final round.

Steve Hanks

Post by Steve Hanks » Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:41 pm

I'm still well below par for racing with a chest infection.

If anyone wants to have a bash at Thetford on Sunday you're welcome to collect my number board from me, pretend to be me and have a go. Its all paid up so it'd be free entry for you, just sign on and go. Just try not to win, that could be difficult.

Simon

Post by Simon » Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:18 pm

That's a shame Stan. Know how you feel I've had "the Devil Flu" now myself. 3 weeks and just about spinning again without coughing my lungs up afterwards or lying with my head in the bath thinking I'm gonna throw up. It's a b@stard! I'm not sure if it's too sensible to go on Sunday but I'm may just spin round